Renew Your Creative Soul.
Photo enthusiasts rejoice! The new flagship of the spectacular Rebel Line, the EOS Rebel T5i, is here to renew your artistic side with amazing imaging features and full-featured functionality. Users will be impressed at how simple and intuitive it is to create breathtaking photos with ease. The incredible image quality and performance starts with an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and Canon's superb DIGIC 5 Image Processor. Combined with an extensive ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode), the EOS Rebel T5i boasts crisp, detailed images, even in low-light situations. A continuous shooting speed of up to 5.0 fps allows for fast action capture. 9 cross-type AF focus points help ensure crisp focus throughout the frame, and the Hybrid CMOS AF system enables speedy and accurate autofocus when shooting in Live View mode. In addition, the camera is compatible with Canon STM lenses for smooth, quiet AF performance. And the performance doesn't stop with photos. EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF makes shooting high quality movies easy, and the brilliant Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II makes composing fun. Seven Creative Filters, now viewable in real time, puts composition control directly in your hands and is just one of the many features of the EOS Rebel T5i that is sure to renew your creative soul.
Amazing Capture and Processing Power.
18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
The EOS Rebel T5i features Canon's amazing 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor. Perfect for enlargements or for cropping detailed portions of the composition, the camera's sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range. This first-class sensor features many of the same technologies used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light-gathering efficiency and has center pixels that aid in the EOS Rebel T5i's accurate AF performance. This APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).
14-bit A/D Conversion
With 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion, the EOS Rebel T5i captures and records images with remarkable gradations and detail in subtle tones and colors, resulting in more realistic and detailed images. By recording up to 16,384 colors per channel, the EOS Rebel T5i ensures that the fine detail found in subjects like foliage, sky and water are preserved and recorded with a tremendous level of accuracy, ensuring gorgeous results.
ISO 100–12800 and expandable to 25600 in H mode
Thanks to its DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the EOS Rebel T5i features an expanded ISO range of ISO 100–12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode) that makes shooting possible in situations previously unthinkable without flash. The EOS Rebel T5i, with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor's remarkable noise-reduction technology, performs brilliantly in low-light shooting. Used with one of Canon's EF or EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer, the EOS Rebel T5i can record beautiful images even when light sources are scarce.
DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The EOS Rebel T5i's DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the camera's CMOS sensor to deliver images with incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. With the power of the DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the EOS Rebel T5i can achieve higher ISO sensitivity, can shoot up to 5.0 fps continuously and can even perform advanced functions like HDR Backlight Control, art filters, lens correction and much more. The camera's brilliant imaging core supercharges every facet of still and moving image capture.
The Speedy Rebel!
High-speed continuous shooting
The EOS Rebel T5i can shoot up to 5.0 frames per second, continuously. Thanks to the enhanced shutter mechanism, mirror drive and camera sensor, the EOS Rebel T5i is ready for action; whether capturing that perfect expression, the game's winning goal, or the bride walking down the aisle, the EOS Rebel T5i delivers the speed and performance to guarantee results.
Enhanced AF Systems Tailored for Perfect Stills and Video.
Exceptional autofocus performance and Hybrid CMOS AF
The EOS Rebel T5i is equipped with AF features that ensure speedy, accurate and continuous AF every time. When shooting through the viewfinder, the EOS Rebel T5i has advanced autofocus with a 9-point, all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point) for accurate focus whether the camera is oriented in portrait or landscape position. An AI Servo AF system achieves and maintains consistent focus with an exceptional degree of reliability.
The EOS Rebel T5i also features Canon's amazing Hybrid CMOS AF System, perfect for shooting photos and video in Live View. This system combines two distinct AF technologies, phase and contrast detection AF, for speedier and more accurate focus. These complementary focusing systems are aided by pixels on the camera's CMOS sensor that assist in predicting subject location, making continuous focus tracking quick and accurate in video recording while enhancing focusing speed.
True HD Performance, Rebel Simplicity.
EOS Full HD Movie Mode with Movie Servo AF
The EOS Rebel T5i offers easy-to-use, professional video capture without compromise. Capable of shooting in a number of recording sizes and frame rates, the EOS Rebel T5i is the new standard for performance, quality and simplicity. The EOS Rebel T5i enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View features, even in-camera editing! Movie Servo AF allows continuous autofocus tracking of moving subjects while recording video. When shooting video with one of Canon's STM lenses, such as the new EF-S 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM, Movie Servo AF takes advantage of the lens' stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous AF. With an STM lens attached, the EOS Rebel T5i is the standard for SLR moviemaking performance!
Built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment
The EOS Rebel T5i has an internal stereo microphone for improved audio capture and a wind filter feature to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors. Sound recording levels can be manually (up to 64 different levels) or automatically controlled. A built-in attenuator is also provided to reduce audio clipping. For more advanced audio recording, the EOS Rebel T5i is compatible with many third-party electret condenser microphones with a 3.5mm diameter plug.
With the Video Snapshot feature, the EOS Rebel T5i can capture short video clips (of 2, 4 or 8 seconds) then combine them automatically into one video file as a snapshot or highlights "album". With no editing needed after shooting, the compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying directly on an HDTV via the camera's HDMI port. Additionally, stills can be recorded during video shooting simply by pressing the camera's shutter button. During playback, video clips in an album can be reordered or deleted.
Sharp and Clear, with Tactile Controls.
Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II with multi-touch operation and Touch AF
The EOS Rebel T5i comes with a Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II. Using capacitive technology similar to today's popular mobile devices, this screen is touch-sensitive and delivers intuitive touch panel operation. Two-finger touch gestures can be used for zooming or changing images. Menu and quick control settings can be accessed, and focus point and shutter release can be activated with the touch of a fingertip using Touch AF. Displaying fine detail (at approximately 1.04 million dots), this screen is perfect for composing and reviewing images. Thanks to a solid construction between the monitor's resin-coated cover and the liquid crystal display, reflections are minimized, and the display can be viewed, without glare, from any number of angles. The LCD's surface is treated with a smudge-resistant coating to minimize fingerprints and maintain a bright, clear image display.
Complex Functions Made Simple.
Scene Intelligent Auto mode
The EOS Rebel T5i features Scene Intelligent Auto mode, which incorporates a number of Canon technologies to deliver the best possible exposure. Joining Picture Style Auto, Automatic Lighting Optimizer, Automatic White Balance, Autofocus, and Automatic Exposure, Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyzes the image, accounting for faces, colors, brightness, moving objects, contrast, even whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod, and then chooses the exposure and enhancements that bring out the best in any scene or situation.
Amazing Effects for Dramatic and Gorgeous Results.
Handheld Night Scene mode
Accessible right on the EOS Rebel T5i's Mode Dial, Handheld Night Scene mode captures nightscapes with bright highlights and detailed dark areas, delivering results previously impossible without the use of a tripod. By shooting and combining four consecutive shots at a shutter speed fast enough to avoid camera shake, the EOS Rebel T5i's Handheld Night Scene mode makes dramatic nighttime photography simple.
HDR Backlight Control mode
The EOS Rebel T5i's HDR Backlight Control mode ensures that backlit subjects are not recorded too darkly. By shooting three consecutive shots at different exposures (underexposed, correctly exposed and overexposed) and then combining the images, the final result maintains detail in both the shadow and highlight areas, ensuring the backlit subject is properly exposed.
Seven Creative Filters that can be displayed in real time
To add to the fun and creative possibilities available with the EOS Rebel T5i, the camera has seven different creative filters that can dramatically alter the mood and visual effect of any particular scene. Creative Filters include Grainy Black and White, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Art Bold Effect and Water Painting Effect. Each effect can be applied in three different levels (low, standard and strong), and easily previewed on the LCD panel in Live View. Since the filters can be applied to the image after shooting, it's easy to try several effects on the same shot during post-process.
Cleaner Images, Even at High ISO.
Multi Shot Noise Reduction
To enhance its already admirable high ISO shooting capabilities, the EOS Rebel T5i features an intelligent Multi Shot Noise Reduction tool that reduces noise even further than the camera's sensor and the DIGIC 5 Image Processor do. With Multi Shot Noise Reduction activated, the camera takes four consecutive shots, merges and aligns them. This eliminates more noise than the Rebel's traditional Noise Reduction filter, with little or no apparent resolution loss. Moving subjects are even optimized to minimize subject blur! Thanks to this clever feature, high ISO shooting has never looked better.
Flexible and Reliable Recording.
Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including Ultra High Speed cards
The EOS Rebel T5i uses popular SD, SDHC, SDXC, and is even compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I), memory cards. Compact and available in large capacities, SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards are a perfect complement to the camera's compact design.
Additionally, the EOS Rebel T5i is compatible with Eye-Fi* SD cards, which are outfitted with a Wi-Fi® transmitter (IEEE 802.11b/g) and an internal antenna for wireless, high-speed transfer of images. With an Eye-Fi card installed, the EOS Rebel T5i can display the Eye-Fi's connection status and error notes with ease, for fully functional wireless uploading of images directly from the camera.
* Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be available outside the United States and Canada; please contact the card manufacturer for territory availability.
A Comprehensive System of Optics Perfect For Video and Stills.
Compatible with EF and EF-S lenses
The EOS Rebel T5i is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF lineup, including compact and lightweight EF-S lenses, ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses and including the STM series optimized for video shooting. Canon lenses employ advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver outstanding performance and deliver beautiful results. Special technologies like Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer help to minimize the effect of camera shake, effectively adding up to four stops of light; STM lenses even feature a stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous autofocus while capturing video. With an array of lenses perfect for travel, sports, still life and everything in between, photographers can truly maximize the quality and performance of their EOS Rebel T5i.
More Features for Increased Versatility.
Lens Aberration Correction
The EOS Rebel T5i features lens correction tools that compensate for lens characteristics that can affect overall image quality. The EOS Rebel T5i's Peripheral Illumination Correction feature corrects light falloff in the corner of the image according to the characteristics of the lens being used. It even has correction data for a number of popular lenses stored in its memory. With the EOS Rebel T5i's chromatic aberration correction tool, distracting color fringing can be corrected at the time of shooting.
To help explain the specific function of features found on the EOS Rebel T5i, the Feature Guide displays a simple description helpful in determining the applicability for the situation at hand. It is displayed in each shooting mode, during mode dial operations, and for Quick Control screen functions. It appears automatically when a function is selected—a lifesaver when trying to determine the best mode or function for the next picture. The feature guide works automatically by default, and can be disabled easily through the camera's menu.
With the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2 attached to the hot shoe or the digital terminal, the EOS Rebel T5i can record location, including latitude, longitude and altitude, and has the ability to track the trajectory of movement with its logging function. An electric compass records the camera's orientation during each shot, and world time information is recorded through GPS syncing.
To create images suitable for sharing by email or online, the EOS Rebel T5i can resize JPEG files, in-camera, of varying pixels (aspect ratio cannot be changed, only the image size can be decreased) while leaving the original image untouched.
Photographers can share their images in book form with the EOS Rebel T5i's convenient Photobook Set-up feature. Users can easily choose specific images, images in a folder and even all images, then specify their sequence and layout. The results can be printed in book form with ease.
To help organize images recorded to the camera's storage, the EOS Rebel T5i makes it simple to rate individual images from one star to five. Therefore, image browsing, printing and slide shows can be based upon those ratings.
Scene Mode Position
Newly featured on the EOS Rebel T5i, the SCN setting on the Mode dial activates a choice of scenes on the menu screen for quick access to features like Night Portrait, HDR Backlight Control, Handheld Night Scene and more.
Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
* Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards and Eye-Fi cards.
Approx. 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C)
Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses)
Canon EF mount
Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
4.3 µm square
Total pixels: Approx. 18.50 megapixels
3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 5 sec.).
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.30
(1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3,456 x 2,304)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2,592 x 1,728)
(4) Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) Small 3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
The following three types of file numbering method can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
* The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera's card.
(2) Auto reset
* When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
(3) Manual reset
* Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording
sRGB, Adobe RGB
Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
* In Basic Zone modes, "Auto" is set automatically.
* In Creative Zone modes, you can select or set the Picture Style.
* Default settings for [User Defined 1-3] are [Auto].
Auto, Preset (Daylight; Shade; Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset; Tungsten light; White Fluorescent Light; Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° - 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing
Auto White Balance
Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
White balance correction:
Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
* Correction based on the current WB mode's color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission
Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
Approx. 95% vertically and horizontally (with Eye point approx. 19mm)
Approx. 0.85x / 23.8° (50mm lens ?, -1 m-1)
Approx. 19 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
-3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
1) AF information (AF points and focus confirmation light)
2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning)
3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
4) Image information (Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1-digit display), white balance correction, SD card information)
Depth Of Field Preview
Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection
9 points (All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6., Center AF point is diagonal cross-type at f/2.8.)
AF Working Range
EV -0.5 - 18 (at room temperature and ISO 100, based on Canon's testing standards)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF (*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF)
(2) Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection
(1) Manual selection
(2) Auto selection
* Automatically set in Basic Zone modes.
Selected AF Point Display
Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam
(1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash
(2) Effective range: Approx. 13.2 ft. / 4m at center, approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m at periphery
* With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
* Compatible with assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 270EX II, 320EX, and 270EX flashes.
TTL maximum aperture metering with 63-zone metering sensor:
1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
2) Partial metering (center, approx. 9% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center, approx. 4% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
EV 1.0 - EV 20.0 (at 73°F/23°C with 50mm f/1.8 II lens at ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Flash Off
(3) Creative Auto
* When background blurring is set, shooting with flash is disabled. When the flash is raised, background blurring cannot be set.
(8) Special Scene
- Night Portrait
- Handheld Night Scene
HDR Backlight Control mode
ISO Speed Range
1. Manual setting range of ISO 100-12800, expansion to ISO 25600
2. Auto, ISO 100-6400 (in whole-stop increments)
*1: If fill-flash is used, ISO 1006400 will automatically be set.
*2: Fixed at ISO 400 for Bulb exposures. *3: Depends on the maximum ISO speed that has been set. *4: If shooting in bright light results in overexposure, the ISO speed can be set as low as ISO 100.
*5: If you use bounce flash with an external Speedlite in the Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports or P modes, the ISO speed is set automatically within ISO 4001600 (or up to the maximum limit) to match the brightness.
Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB ±2 stops)
AEB : ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
* If the exposure compensation exceeds ±2 stops, the left or right icon appears in the viewfinder.
* Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination.
* AEB is set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure.
* If AEB is used with the self-timer, the three bracketed shots will be taken in succession after the 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.
(1) Auto AE lock
* In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
* In the P, Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
* Enabled in all metering modes.
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
* Electronic 1st curtain and mechanical 2nd curtain
1/4000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Scene Intelligent Auto)
* With a wide-angle lens, the shutter may be 1/60 sec. or slower.
1/4000 to 30 sec., bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec.
* Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.075 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.150 sec.
* Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes AF operation time.
E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE Lock
Flash Exposure Compensation
±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
External Flash Settings
(1) External flash function setting
* Flash firing, E-TTL II auto flash system, flash mode, wireless master, zoom, sync setting, flash exposure compensation, FEB, and clear setting.
* With the 600EX-RT, radio wireless transmission control is possible.
(2) External flash C.Fn setting
* The actual setting options for (1) and (2) will differ depending on the Speedlite used.
Single, Continuous, 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control, 2-sec. self-timer, Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Continuous Shooting Speed
High-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 5.0 fps
* With One-Shot AF or AI Servo AF
Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 22 Shots
RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 30 Shots
RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
* Figures are based on Canon?s testing standards (ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style).
* At ISO 12800, maximum burst will greatly decrease due to internal processing.
Live View Functions
Still photo shooting and video shooting
(1) AF operation of the Hybrid CMOS AF, One-shot AF
i. Face Detection plus Tracking AF
ii. FlexiZone - Multi
* 31 zones
* AF at the touched zone
iii. FlexiZone - Single
(2) TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection with AF operation, One-shot AF
i. Manual selection
ii. Auto selection
* Automatically set in Basic Zone modes
(3) Manual focus
* Manual focusing by enlarging images by approx. five to ten times
Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 8.8% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.8% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
* AE lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.
EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23°C/73°F, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
Two grids provided:
(1) Grid 1: Pair of vertical and horizontal lines
(2) Grid 2: 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
Movie: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
* Variable (average) bit rate
Audio: Linear PCM
* Meta information is embedded in the MOV file (no separate THM file)
1920 x 1080 (30 fps*1/25 fps/24 fps*2): 330 MB/min.
1280 x 720 (60 fps*3/50fps): 330 MB/min.
640 x 480 (30 fps*1/25fps): 82.5 MB/min.
* If the file size exceeds 4GB, a new file will be automatically created.
* See following section for actual frame rates.
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time
Based on 8GB Memory Card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps/25 fps/24 fps: 22 min.
[1280 x 720]
60 fps/50 fps: 22 min.
[640 x 480]
30 fps/25 fps: 1 hr. 32 min.
Based on 16GB Memory Card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps/25 fps/24 fps: 44 min.
[1280 x 720]
60 fps/50 fps: 44 min.
[640 x 480]
30 fps/25 fps: 3 hr. 04 min.
* If recording time reaches 29 min. 59 sec., movie shooting stops automatically.
* See Frame Rates section for actual frame rates.
(1) One-shot AF
(2) Servo AF
(3) Manual Focus
* Magnify the image by approx. 5x or appox. 10x and focus manually.
AF using AF point selection:
i. Face Detection plus Tracking AF
ii. FlexiZone - Multi
* 31 zones
* AF at the touched zone
iii. FlexiZone Single
8 bit, 0 255
(1) Program AE for movie shooting
* In Basic Zone modes, P, Av, and Tv modes
* Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (Signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set.
(2) Manual exposure
* Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
Provided (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
* For video, exposure compensation will not be applied beyond ±3 stops even if the exposure compensation has been set beyond ±3 stops.
* For still photo shooting, the exposure compensation can be set and applied up to ±5 stops.
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with Touch Panel LCD (capacitive type)
Wide 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
Approx. 1,040,000 dots
Adjustable to one of seven levels
25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
(1) Single image display
Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram display
(2) Index display
(3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial)
1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, movies only, stills only, by rating
On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight areas with no image data will blink.
Brightness / RGB
Quick Control Function
When you press the Quick Control function button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below:
*The settable functions depend on the shooting mode
(1) With viewfinder shooting:
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture Style, white balance, Auto Lighting Optimizer, built-in flash func. setting, AF mode, drive mode, metering mode, and image recording quality.
(2) With Live View shooting:
AF mode, drive mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image-recording quality, and built-in flash func. setting.
(3) With video shooting:
AF mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image recording quality (stills), video-recording size, and video snapshot.
Image Protection and Erase
Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images on the card.
Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images in folder, erase all images on a card, or erase only unprotected images.
RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
* Movies cannot be printed.
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
Direct Image Transfer
Eight Custom Functions with 24 settings settable with the camera
My Menu Registration
Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
- For personal computer communication and PictBridge (Hi-Speed USB)
- Audio (stereo)/video (NTSC/PAL) output
- To connect a GP-E2 GPS Receiver
Video Out Terminal
Type C (Switches automatically to suit the resolution)
Video output: 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p
* Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3, or 4 to suit the TV
Extension System Terminal
One Battery Pack LP-E8
* With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8, AC power is possible.
* With Battery Grip BG-E8, it is possible to use two Battery Pack LP-E8 units.
1) Camera body only
2) With Battery Grip BG-E8
Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON.
Battery level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
* [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min. or disable
Built-in secondary battery
It is not replaceable by the user. It recharges when LP-E8 is loaded or when the AC adapter is connected. Without any recharging, the backup battery can maintain the date/time for approx. 3 months. The backup battery takes approx. 8 hours to be fully recharged.
Approx. 0.1 sec. (based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Approx. 5.2 x 3.9 x 3.1 in.
Approx. 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8mm
Approx. 20.5 oz. / 580g (CIPA standard)
Approx. 18.5 oz. / 525g (Body only)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
85% or less
All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.
If a problem occurs with a non-Canon lens attached to the camera, consult the lens maker.
Canon, DIGIC and EOS Rebel are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are registered trademarks or trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.
What's in the Box
o EOS Rebel T5i Body
o EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens
o Eyecup Ef (not shown)
o Battery Pack LP-E8
o Battery Charger LC-E8E
o Wide Neck Strap EW-100DB IV
o USB Interface Cable IFC-130U
o EOS Digital Solution Disc & Software Instruction Manual CD
o Camera Instruction Manual (not shown)