16.20-million-pixel Resolving Power
A large, high-resolution sensor gets combined with a popular zoom for phenomenal image quality in a compact camera unit. The highly unique Ricoh GXR system starts with the body, which contains the system controls, screen, recording media and power source. Individual camera units attach to the body, with each dust-sealed unit housing its own sensor and processing engine.
Compact, High-Performance Lens Design
Eliminating the lens mount means that the back focal length can be freely defined for the GXR, enabling the new system to use the most optically efficient lens designs and giving it excellent potential for future expansion.
Highly Airtight System for Superior Dust Proofing
In GXR camera units, the lens and the image sensor are integrated into a single unit. This structure makes it difficult for dust to get in since it is not necessary to expose the inside of the camera when changing lenses. Even in highly dusty shooting environments, camera units can be changed without hesitation.
Slide Mechanism for High Precision and Reliability
The combination of the slide, the resin components, and the pressure-welded springs give an appropriate sliding feel and quietness. In the development, high-stress attachment/removal testing was done to verify the reliability of both mechanical and electrical connections.
An Innovative Camera System with Interchangeable Units
GXR is a new camera system that consists of a body and camera units. Each camera unit contains a lens (focal lengths differ between units), an image sensor of optimum type and size for the unit, and an image processing engine. By changing units, the photographer can handle a diverse range of scenes in a way that satisfies sophisticated requirements for photo expression. This all-in-one design for the camera units allows image quality, lens design and low-pass filtering to be optimized to each unit's sensor for maximum image quality.
Handle a Wide Range of Everyday Scenes
The lens is a 24mm-85mm 3.5x optical zoom. For both expansive landscapes and narrow interior shots, try 24mm. A setting around 35mm is frequently used for candid photos and a natural wide-angle feel. For a field of view close to the naked eye, try 50mm, and for the feel of an intent gaze, there is 85mm. With this one lens there are many different ways to look at the world. Enjoy its versatility in handling almost all the subjects you will find in everyday shooting.
16.20 Million Pixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
This camera unit features a 23.6mm×15.7mm APS-C CMOS sensor. The atmospheric feel and natural bokeh made possible by the large sensor size will enhance both the optical and artistic depth of your images. The approximately 16.20 million effective pixels provide the superior resolving power needed to reproduce the finest details of your subject. In combination with the image processing engine Smooth Imaging Engine IV, this image sensor provides low noise and high image quality featuring rich tonal gradations and a high-resolution feel.
Advanced Functions for Shooting and Expression
In high-contrast scenes, dynamic range compensation reduces underexposure and overexposure by doing tone correction for individual portions of the image. In addition to the B (bulb) and T (time) options in manual exposure mode, you can also enjoy the freedom of expression provided by five scene modes, image setting customization (nine levels), extensive My Settings options (record six patterns each in the body and memory card), etc.
Extensive Focusing Functions
Magnifying the target position on the shooting screen is convenient when you want precise focusing. For spot AF, you can select either normal or pinpoint as the AF area size. This is convenient when you want to capture a specific point on the subject and when there are distance variations within the AF area. In addition, for manual focus support there is a focus assist function that emphasizes outlines and contrast.
Superior Optical Characteristics
The lens configuration has 11 elements in 9 groups. The use of three aspherical lenses (six surfaces) and high-refraction lenses effectively reduces various types of distortion across the entire zoom range. The result is high resolution and excellent contrast from edge to edge. In addition, the configuration of nine rounded aperture blades enables both highly precise aperture control and beautiful bokeh.
Finely Honed Shooting Functions
With ISO bracketing you can record three images with different ISO sensitivities. Since the shutter speed and aperture settings are not changed, you can get exposure variations while preserving the same sense of movement and depth of field. There is also a function for maintaining the same shooting settings. By keeping the shutter release button pressed halfway after taking a picture, you can continue shooting with the same settings (focus, exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, etc.). For example, when you want to shoot portraits by clicking the shutter each time someone's expression changes, this function enhances your quick-shooting ability by eliminating the time lag caused by redoing the focusing and light metering.
By just selecting a scene mode, you can get settings tailored to your scene and subject. Also included are the "Miniaturize," "High Contrast B&W," "Soft Focus," "Cross Process," and "Toy Camera" modes. Use them to expand your shooting enjoyment by turning commonplace scenes into unique images and by capturing your target moments with even greater impact.
An Electronic Level That Can Detect Horizontal as Well as Movement Direction Tipping
Make sure you have the perfect shot right out of the camera with the advanced electronic level. Measure both side to side and forward to backward tilt for the perfect shot. There is even a level calibration function to fine tune the camera to your specific needs.
- Interchangeable Modular camera
- 16mp CMOS sensor
- Contrast AF-based multi and spot AF
- infinity (focus lock and AF-assist)
- Accessory VF-2 920,000 dot, 100% field of view
- 3.0-in. 920,000 dot LCD Display
- Built-in Flash
- Hot Shoe Compatible
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot, Internal memory
- Lithium Ion rechargable battery
- Camera:113.9 mm x 70.2 mm x 37.5 mm (excluding projections)
- Camera body (excluding battery, memory card, neck strap and connector cap): 160 g
- Battery, neck strap and connector cap: 66 g
- Camera unit only: 71.4 mm × 70.5 mm × 93.3 mm (according to CIPA guidelines)
- When mounted on the GXR body: 113.9 mm × 74.7 mm × 98.5 mm
- Weight (approx.) Camera unit only: Approx. 350 g
- When mounted on camera body: Approx. 550 g (battery and SD memory card included)
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- TTL metering in multi (256-segment), center-weighted and spot metering (TTL metering with auto exposure lock)AUTO, AUTO-HI, ISO-LO, ISO200, ISO250, ISO320, ISO400, ISO500, ISO640, ISO800, ISO1000, ISO1250, ISO1600, ISO2000, ISO2500, ISO3200
- AUTO, AUTO-HI, ISO-LO, ISO200, ISO250, ISO320, ISO400, ISO500, ISO640, ISO800, ISO1000, ISO1250, ISO1600, ISO2000, ISO2500, ISO3200
- Auto/Multi-P AUTO/Outdoors/Cloudy/Incandescent Lamp 1/Incandescent Lamp 2/Fluorescent Lamp/Manual Settings/Detail white balance bracketing
- Photographs 180 - 1/3200 s (upper and lower limits vary according to shooting and flash mode) Movies 1/30 - 1/2000 s
- Auto/program shift/aperture priority/shutter priority/manual /scene (movie, portrait, sports, landscape, nightscape, skew correction)/"My Settings"
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
- Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3/Professional Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2/Windows 7
-Ricoh GXR Kit w Body + A16 24-85