Superior All Around Capability
Outstanding image quality in a compact design and popular 3X zoom range. The highly unique Ricoh GXR system starts with the body, which contains the system controls, screen, recording media, and power source. Individual camera units attach to the body, with each dust-sealed unit housing its own sensor and processing engine.
- 10.0 Megapixel 1/1.7 inch CCD
- Extra wide angle 24-72mm zoom
- RICOH smooth imaging Engine IV
- 1cm close-focus macro
Compact, High-Performance Lens Design
Eliminating the lens mount means that the back focal length can be freely defined for the GXR, enabling the new system to use the most optically efficient lens designs and giving it excellent potential for future expansion.
Highly Airtight System for Superior Dust Proofing
In GXR camera units, the lens and the image sensor are integrated into a single unit. This structure makes it difficult for dust to get in since it is not necessary to expose the inside of the camera when changing lenses. Even in highly dusty shooting environments, camera units can be changed without hesitation.
Slide Mechanism for High Precision and Reliability
The combination of the slide, the resin components, and the pressure-welded springs give an appropriate sliding feel and quietness. In the development, high-stress attachment/removal testing was done to verify the reliability of both mechanical and electrical connections.
An Innovative Camera System with Interchangeable Units
GXR is a new camera system that consists of a body and camera units. Each camera unit contains a lens (focal lengths differ between units), an image sensor of optimum type and size for the unit, and an image processing engine. By changing units, the photographer can handle a diverse range of scenes in a way that satisfies sophisticated requirements for photo expression. This all-in-one design for the camera units allows image quality, lens design and low-pass filtering to be optimized to each unit's sensor for maximum image quality.
From Portraits to Landscapes. 24-72 mm Scene Versatility
RICOH LENS S10 24-72 mm has a 3.0x optical zoom lens with coverage from 24 mm wide-angle to 72 mm medium telephoto. So it can be a wide-angle lens convenient for both expansive landscapes and narrow indoor spaces, a standard lens providing a natural visual field with an angle of view close to that of the naked eye, and a medium telephoto lens, a type that is frequently used for portraits and that provides a view similar to the eye when concentrating on a single point. With this wide focal length coverage in a single lens, it is possible to handle a diverse range of subjects. The photographer can enjoy visual effects unique to photography, such as using the wide-angle capability to get close to the subject and emphasize perspective.
RICOH LENS S10 24-72 mm can do close-up photography with a minimum shooting distance of 1 cm (wide-angle; distance from front of lens). In addition, with zoom macro, which provides greater magnification than standard macro, it is possible to fill the frame with a 17×132 mm subject or a 4.3×3.2 mm subject if digital zoom is also used.
Distinct Images Without Blurring. Camera Shake Correction and High-sensitivity Setting
RICOH LENS S10 24-72 mm uses the Vibration Correction function developed independently by Ricoh. It is effective for preventing the camera shake that can occur in various situations, such as when you want an ambient-light atmosphere for sunset or party scenes, when shooting in museums and other public facilities where flash use is prohibited, and when shooting nightscapes beyond flash range. In addition, blurring from both camera shake and subject movement can be suppressed using the high-sensitivity shooting capability of up to ISO3200.
Aspect Ratio Setting Allows Selection of 16:9, 4:3, 3:2, or 1:1
Multiple aspect ratios allow you to tailor your photography specifically to your needs from the start, without post-processing crop work on the computer. The 16:9 ratio is great for playback on HDTVs. The 4:3 ratio might be the best option for business presentations. The 3:2 ratio would be best for printing with minimal image clipping. Also, the 1:1 ratio gives a perfectly square image for special applications.
Excellent Correction of Various Types of Aberrations.
The lens configuration has 7 groups and 11 elements, and the rear focus technique convenient for fast AF is used. Including the first element, a large-diameter aspherical lens, there are a total of 4 aspherical lens elements situated in optimum positions. Using special low-dispersion glass and other techniques, we have achieved compact size while suppressing image distortion and color fringing near the edge, even at 24 mm wide-angle. High-resolution and contrast are achieved at all focal lengths. In production, the lens group optical axis and image sensor gradient are precisely adjusted in micron units. Superior optical performance to the edge of the image is insured before the image is delivered to the photographer.
High-sensitivity CCD Achieves Natural and High Image Quality
RICOH LENS S10 24-72 mm will be used as the photographer's "everyday" zoom lens. So it utilizes a 1/1.7-inch high-sensitivity image sensor to achieve both high-level image quality and superior portability. Featuring both high-sensitivity and low-noise characteristics, this CCD can handle the wide sensitivity setting range of ISO100 to 3200. Even in high-sensitivity photography, it is possible to obtain natural-looking images with tonal gradations.
Extensive Selection of Lens Accessories
An easy-to-attach bayonet-type self-retaining lens cap (LC-2) is available. It is effective for protecting the lens and preventing lens cap loss. Of course, the major benefit is that it increases shooting flexibility by eliminating the effort and inconvenience of having to remove/attach the lens cap every time a picture is taken. There is also a 19 mm wide conversion lens (DW-6) with a wide angle of view and a teleconversion lens (TC-1) that can shoot 135 mm telephoto. These conversion lenses will increase your power of expression with the ability to achieve greater perspective effects at maximum wide-angle and greater distance compression effects at maximum telephoto. Conversion lenses are mounted using the hood & adapter (HA-3). When HA-3 is attached, filters (43 mm diameter, general purpose) can be used.
- Interchangeable Modular camera
- Type: CCD
- Size: 1/1.7-in. (7.6mm x 5.7mm)
- Effective pixels (total pixels): 10 MP (10.4 MP)
- Dust Removal: n/a (camera module is fully dust sealed)
- Pixel mapping: n/a
- Type/construction: Macro / Ricoh lens, 11 elements, 7 groups (4 aspheric elements)
- Optical zoom: 3X
- Focal length (equiv.): 5.1mm - 15.3mm (24mm - 72mm)
- Digital zoom: 4X w auto-resize 5.7X VGA
- Aperture: F2.5-4.4
- Filter diameter: 43mm (only w / optional HA-3 hood)
- Type: TTL contrast-detection AF system, AF assist lamp
- Focus modes: Multi AF, Spot AF, Manual, Snap, Infinity
- Focus point adjustment: Auto, User-Selectable (AF and/or AE points), Center
- Focus lock: Yes
- AF Auxiliary Light: Yes
- Viewfinder compatible: Yes via hotshoe mounted external digital or optical viewfinder (sold separately) Accessory VF-2-- 920,000 dot, 100% field of view
- LCD screen type/size: 3-in. transparent LCD, auto brightness control available
- LCD resolution: 920,000 dots
- LCD framerate: TBD
- Wide angle viewable: Yes
- Type: Built-in series control auto flash
- GN:9.6 (ISO 200) / 6.8 (ISO 100) in meters
- Flash modes: Flash Off, Auto, Redeye, Flash On, Slow Sync, Manual
- Effective range: 8-in. - 15' (wide) 6-in. - 8' (tele) (auto ISO)
- Flash exposure compensation: ±2 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Hot Shoe Compatible (P-TTL)
- Internal memory: 86 MB
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC card slot
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI (Mini, Type C)
- Video out: NTSC, PAL, HD (HDMI supports AD Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Microphone: Built-in monaural
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery DB-90
- Recordable images: Approx 410 (CIPA)
- AC adapter available: Yes (sold separately)
- Body dimensions (W x H x D): 4.5 x 2.8 x 1.5-in.
- Camera module/mount dimensions (W x H x D): 2.7 x 2.3 x 1.5-in.
- Without battery or removable memory: 5.6 oz
- Loaded and ready: 7.1 oz
- Camera module/mount weight: 5.7oz.
- Body primary construction material(s): Magnesium alloy
- Camera module/mount primary construction material(s): Magnesium alloy
- Operating temperature: 32-104°F
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- Type: TTL CCD w/ AE Lock
- Metering patterns (multi, center, spot): Multi 256, Center, Spot
- Exposure compensation: ± 4 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Exposure lock: Yes
- Exposure bracketing: ± 2 EV (3 frames, 1/2 or 1/3 steps, individual image exposure adjustable)
- Auto: 200-400 (w/o flash), 200-800 (w flash), Auto Hi
- Manual: 100-3200
- Type: Image sensor detection
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Multi-Pattern Auto, Outdoors, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Detail, WB Bracketing
- Manual mode(s): Yes
- WB fine adjustment: ± 8 steps B-A axis or G-M axis
- Type: Programmed AE mechanical and electronic shutter mechanism
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 to 180 sec (timed exposure and Bulb mode available), shutter speed range varies w shooting mode
- Mode selection: Auto, Program Shift (P), Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), Manual (M), Scene, My Settings (My1, My2, My3)
- Scene modes: Movie, Portrait, Sports, Landscape, Nightscape, Skew Correction, Zoom Macro
- Image Settings: Vivid, Standard, Natural, Black & White, B&W (TE), Setting 1, Setting 2
- Green simplified mode available: n/a
- Face detection available: n/a
- PASMB: P, A, S, M, B
- Date stamp: Yes (date, date & time)
- Digital filters (capture): n/a (see Image Settings above)
- Bracketing options: Exposure, White Balance, color, ISO
- Dynamic range adjustment: n/a
- Digital level: Horizontal tilt
- File/Folder customization: Embed copyright
- Mode selection: Single, Continuous (Continuous, M-Cont Hi, M-Cont Lo), Self-Timer (10s, 2s, custom 1-10 shots at 5-10 sec intervals)
- Continuous fps: Approx 4 fps (NR set to weak or strong), M-Cont Hi last 30 frames at 30 fps at 640x480 saved in multi-image file, M-Cont Lo last 15 frames at 1.6 fps at 3648x2736 saved in multi-image file.
- Multi-exposure: n/a
- Interval: Unlimited shots, 5s to 1h interval in 5s increments
- HDR: n/a
- Cable switch: Yes (sold separately)
- Mode selection: One Shot (no data, basic data, basic data w bright/dark indication, full data w/ histogram), Index (20 or 81 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 16X, scrollable, quick magnification), Calendar, Select & Delete, Movie Playback (no data, basic data)
- Mode pallet: Flag Function Setting, Flag Function Display, Resize, Trim, Level Compensation, WB Compensation, Skew Correction, Slideshow, Protect, Copy to Card, DPOF, Export Still Images, Recover File
- Digital filters (playback): n/a
- Image size in pixels: 3648 × 2048, 3648 × 2736, 3648 × 2432, 2736 × 2736, 3264 × 1840, 3264 × 2448, 3264 × 2176, 2448 × 2448,2592 × 1944, 2048 × 1536, 1280 × 960, 640 × 480
- Quality levels: RAW (DNG), F (fine), N (normal)
- File formats: RAW (DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, PIM III
- Color space: sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
- Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 / Professional Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
-Ricoh GXR + S10