Advanced to Make Shooting Simple
Simple and stylish, this chic compact camera is packed with advancements that make it easy to get a great shot every time. Smart AUTO recognizes 32 predefined shooting situations, then automatically picks the proper camera settings for you. Saving memories in breathtakingly realistic 720p HD is as easy as pressing the dedicated movie button. You'll see extraordinary resolution and fast performance with the 16.0 Megapixel Image Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor, and capture more dynamic, exciting images with the 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle lens. New Digital IS greatly reduces blur by recognizing the main subject and applying the best camera shake correction. Easy quality that's easily affordable: that's the PowerShot A2300 digital camera!
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations for capturing spectacular images with ease.
A Smarter Camera Means Better Photos
Photographers of all levels appreciate a camera especially a go-anywhere compact digital that takes the hassle out of capturing beautiful images. The PowerShot A2300 gives you Smart AUTO sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
- Shoot brilliant 720p HD video with a dedicated movie button.
Gorgeous HD Video From Your Still CameraYou can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere right from the pocket-sized A2300 digital camera. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories. In addition to being able to shoot 720p HD video at 25 frames per second, the PowerShot A2300 can also shoot 640 x 480 VGA video at 30* frames per second.
- A 16.0 Megapixel Image Sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor for exceptional performance.
High Resolution, Highly Advanced Performance
With the camera's 16.0 Megapixels of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 5x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution is ideal for creating the largest prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor powers the camera's advanced systems and features, ensuring fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for functionality and performance since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999. With each successive generation, DIGIC processors have brought elevated performance and powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor has ushered in a new level of picture quality and accelerated processing, making possible features such as high-speed continuous shooting, HD video and Face Detection Self-timer.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle lens delivers stunning images.
Zoom in on Wider, Steadier Shots
The 5x Optical Zoom (35mm equivalent: 28140mm) in PowerShot A2300 digital camera delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. It gives you a great range of potential images from a single location, which is perfect for sporting events and other occasions when your shooting stance is fixed, or times when moving in too close might disrupt the action you're trying to capture. The lens's 28mm wide-angle perspective puts more image in every frame for dynamic, exciting shots.
- Digital IS reduces the effect of camera shake and subject movement.
Say Goodbye to Blur
Digital IS beats the blur that mars many shots by recognizing the main subject, then automatically applying the camera shake correction that best suits the situation. If the subject is a person, blur reduction processing is performed. For landscapes, cityscapes and other still scenes, the camera takes 3 quick successive shots and composes them into a single clear image. If the subject is moving, the camera takes 3 successive shots, then automatically saves the clearest image.
- Help Button provides simple explanations and easy controls of your settings.
Help You Won't Need Help to Find
The PowerShot A2300 digital camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A new Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu any time you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice, and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.
- Lithium-ion battery makes it easy to recharge your batteries.
Charge Up and Go!
The Canon PowerShot A2300 digital camera uses a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. This compact, powerful battery helps make it a lightweight and slim camera. Charge-up is quick and easy, so the PowerShot A2300 will be ready and waiting for those special moments.
- Available in black, silver, blue, and red.
A Color Just Right for You
While the classic black camera will always be right for a lot of photographers, Canon recognizes that others will long for colors that express their individuality. Accordingly, the PowerShot A2300 digital camera is offered in a range of hues from subtle to vibrant, fun to chic. Take your pick from black, silver, blue, and red.
Canon PowerShot A2300 Digital Camera Specifications
- Type: Compact digital camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical, 4x Digital, and 20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- Type: 16.0 Megapixel 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Total Pixels: 16.6 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: 16.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 5.0 (W) - 25.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 140 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
Normal: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 3.9 ft. (1.2m) - infinity (T)
Auto: 1.2 in. (3cm) - infinity (W), 3.9 ft. (1.2m) - infinity (T)
Macro: 1.2 in. - 2.0 ft. (3-60cm) (W)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: N/A
- LCD Monitor: 2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide-viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
1 - 1/2000 sec.
15 - 1/2000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 100/200/400/800/1600 (in P mode)
- Light Metering Method:
Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
* Facial brightness is evaluated in Face Detect (Face Detect AE)
** Fixed to center
- Exposure Control Method: AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation:
± 2 stops in 1/3 stop increments
(Not available when shooting movies)
- White Balance Control:
Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
*Facial color is evaluated in Face Detect (Face Detect WB)
- Built-in Flash: Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- Flash Range: 1.6 - 9.8 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (T) (50 cm - 3.0 m (W), 1.0 - 2.0 m (T)
- Recycling Time: 10 seconds or less (Battery Voltage: 3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: N/A
- Shooting Modes:
Auto, P, Live View Control, Digital IS, Portrait, Face Self-timer, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome,
Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter, Discreet, iFrame Movie*
*Shooting movies is possible with the movie button.
- Photo Effects: N/A
- Self Timer: Approx. 10-sec delay/approx 2-sec delay/custom*
* Delay time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments) can be specified.
- Wireless Control: N/A
- Continuous Shooting:
Approx: 0.8 shots/sec. (In P Mode)
Approx. 2.8 shots/sec. (In Low Light Mode)
- Storage Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File System, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- JPEG Compression Mode:
Still Images: Exif 2.3 (JPEG)
Movies: MOV (Image data: H.264; Audio data: Linear PCM (2 channel monoaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
[Large]: 4608 x 3456
[Medium 1]: 3264 x 2448
[Medium 2]: 1600 x 1200
[Small]: 640 x 480
[Widescreen]: 4608 x 2592
[Miniature Effect]: 1280 x 720*1, 640 x 480*2
[iFrame Movie]: 1280 x 720 (25 fps)
[Other than the above]: 1280 x 720 (25 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps*3)
*1 Shooting: 5 fps / 2.5 fps / 1.25 fps Playback: 25 fps
*2 Shooting: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps Playback: 30 fps*3
*3 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
- Playback Modes File:
Still Images and Movies:
Discreet, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Search Jump (Shot Date, 10 images, 100 images, Movies, Still Images), Slideshow
Single, Index (4-100 Thumbnails), Magnification (Approx. 2x-10x), Information Display, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Resume Playback, Red-Eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize,
Normal Playback*1, Pause, Skip Backward*2, Previous Frame*3, Next Frame*3, Skip Forward*2
Displays playback position and shooting time
*1 Audio settings available in 5 levels
*2 Approximately 4 seconds
*3 Rewind and Fast-forward are also available
- Erase Modes:
Single Image*, Erase All
The image data in the memory card stored with the design rule for camera file systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
* Movies can be erased individually.
- Computer Interface:
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (unified type dedicated connector (female)) with digital, audio and video
- Audio Out: Monaural (unified type dedicated connector (female)) with digital, audio and video
- Power Source:
- Shooting Capacity: Approx. 210 shots
- Playback Time: Approx. 5 hours
Hi-Speed USB*1 (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video*2)
*1 Use of USB logomark is not allowed.
*2 mini-B compatible.
Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
1. Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-11L
2. Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (included with AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC90)
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.72 x 2.13 x 0.79 in. (94.4 x 54.2 x 20.1mm)
Approx. 4.41 oz./125 g (Including the battery and memory card)
Approx. 3.84 oz./109 g (Camera body only)
Note: 30 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Ukrainian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Russian, Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish, Czech, Greek, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Farsi, Hindi, Vietnamese, and Japanese) All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.
- PowerShot A2300
- Battery Pack NB-11L
- Battery Charger CB-2LD
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM