Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX works different to traditional ring-lites which offer a more directional light source with its changeable flash heads. The units can even be mounted off and placed off-camera to offer a creative light setup. The guide number is 78/22m at ISO 100.
The new Macro Twin Lite gives serious close-up, nature, and macro enthusiasts a different option in macro lighting - a directional quality of light, as opposed to the rather "Flat" character of the traditional ring lite. Two separate flash heads can be swiveled around the lens, can be aimed separately, and even removed from their holder and mounted off-camera. Like the MR-14EX, the new Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX is fully E-TTL compatible with all EOS bodies, including digital SLRs, and even allows Wireless E-TTL flash control with one or more 550EX and/or 420EX "slave units". It also provides easy ratio control of each flash heads output, over a six-stop range.
- Attaches to all Canon EF macro lenses (EF 180mm f/3.5L requires Macro Lite Adapter 72C).
- Twin flash heads can be rotated over 80° angle around lens in 5 degree increments.
- Heads can be swiveled or bounced and can be removed from mounting ring for added control.
- Powerful Guide Number of 78 (feet, @ ISO 100), full E-TTL control and E-TTL features including FEL, Hi-speed sync, and FEB.
- Full E-TTL automatic flash control with compatible EOS bodies, including EOS-1D, D60, and D30 digital SLRs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps, and two different types of 1-second modeling flash allow easy focusing and previewing of lighting effects.
Macro flash unit with adjustable and removable twin straight flash heads; separate controller unit attaches to camera's hot shoe
72 (feet) / 22 (m), at ISO 100 (with both tubes firing at full power)
One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or Manual flash modes, showing ratios*
With C.Fn 4-1 (on MT-24EX), uniform one-second burst at 70Hz with any EOS body by pressing Controller Unit's test button
Flash Control System
Flash +/- exposure compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing, FE Lock, FP sync, and Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes over a 6-stop range (8:1 ~ 1:8 lighting ratios), and Wireless E-TTL with off-camera 550EX and/or 420EX Slave Units
Exposure Control Models
Variable from full (1/1) ~ 1/64 power; Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes from 1/1 to 1/64 power is possible
Nine Custom Functions on MT-24EX, in addition to any in camera); set on MT-24EX Controller LCD panel.
4 AA batteries in controller unit (Alkaline, Lithium, rechargeable Ni-Cd or Ni-MH AAs are OK)
External Power Source
Compact Battery Pack E or E2, and Transistor Pack E